Horse Trek Tours in Jyrgalan
Tours for half-, one-, and multi-day horse treks.
Jyrgalan is a place for horse lovers. If that’s you, or if you want to experience for the first time what it's like to explore the mountains on horseback, we invite you to choose one of our carefully selected range of horse trek tours.
All horse trek tours include a knowledgable local guide, trained horses, comfortable western-style saddles, helmets, and a picnic lunch. In other words, our horse trek tours provide you with all you need to feel comfortable and to be safe. Find more details on horseback riding in Jyrgalan.
You will find below our most popular half-day and full-day horse trek tours around Jyrgalan Valley. For those who really wish to immerse themselves in the mountains by horseback, many of the multi-day foot treks can also be offered as horse treks.
Prices for Horse Treks
|Price||1 person||2 persons||3 persons||4 persons|
|Full day horse trek||$87||$110||$137||$165|
|Half day horse trek||$49||$62||$78||$93|
Note: The prices above are for groups up to four people. If you have a group of five or more people, an assistant horse guide is needed at the cost of $40/day. Please get in touch with Destination Jyrgalan for prices and more details.
All Horse Trek Tours Include:
- Local guide (Russian, some English)
- Horse rental
- Western saddle & helmet
- Picnic lunch
What Others Say About Jyrgalan Horse Treks
Chaar-Jon Panorama – Turnaluu Kol Lake – Kyzyl Jar Canyons
- Chaar-Jon Panorama: Striking panoramic views of the Chaar-Jon mountain range and into Jyrgalan valley. Expect gorgeous vistas into neighboring Kazakhstan from this mountain ridge at 2,830m .
- Turnaluu Kol Lake: An alpine lake at 2,670m that is home to cranes and ducks during summer months. Enjoy a break here.
- Kyzyl Jar Canyons: A series of three breathtaking canyons across mountain peaks. Semi-wild herds of horses and the occasional local shepherd and his animals can be seen on the jailoo (high pasture).
Note: If desired, this horse trek can be extended into 2 days (37.4 km) to cross the Kyzyl Kya Pass.
Eki Chat – Tulpar Tash
- Eki Chat Gorge: Situated approximately 1.5 hours from Jyrgalan village, this jailoo sits at the crossroads of several valleys and serves as a preferred summer pasture for herders and grazing
cows and horses.
- Tulpar Tash: Legend holds that Manas’ horse climbed up this rock and leapt from the top. Footprints on the rock attest to such legend. The rock sits at the base of the Chunkur Tor mountain range (2,450 m).
Robbers Canyon Horse Trek
- Eki Chat: Situated approximately 1.5 hours from Jyrgalan village, this jailoo (high pasture) sits at the crossroads of several valleys and serves as a preferred summer place for shepherds and their grazing animals. Note: it's possible to spend the night in the yurt camp.
- Emil’s Peak: Pass the salt springs (2,400 m), a favorite area for Jyrgalan horses and ascend the ridge to Emil’s Peak (2,920 m) for perfect views over Jyrgalan village.
- Uuru Tor (aka Robber’s Canyon): This impressive valley is set amongst towering peaks overlooking the Jyrgalan mountain range. Robber’s Canyon is famously known as an historic hiding spot by local Kyrgyz horse thieves who would hide there with their bounty.
If you really want to immerse yourself in the mountains by horseback, many of the multi-day treks on foot can be arranged as multi-day horse treks. Multi-day horse treks require camping gear (available for rental), food, and some additional support. Contact Destination Jyrgalan to understand all your options. One Example you can find here. For prices please contact us.
Ailanysh Waterfall Horse Trek
- Chong-Jergez Gorge: An adventurous journey up this scenic gorge, featuring numerous river crossings and a few steep rocky ascents and descents. Enjoy views of Tashtambek-Tor-Bashi peak (4463 m)
- Ailanysh Waterfalls: Beautiful cascading two tier waterfalls. Hike up above the waterfalls to see the glacier lake.
- Overnight in a yurt camp: Experience the feeling of real nomadic life up in the mountains. With an overnight in a yurt and traditional meals you will have the chance of some cultural insights.